Nova specializes in numerical modeling and simulation of clinical trials for biotech and pharmaceutical companies, academic research centers and non profit organizations. We help our clients unleash the potential of combining math, computer science and biology to reduce the risks associated with R&D of new treatments for the benefit of patients.
Leveraging years of experience in in-silico modelling and the collaborative work of our team of biologists, doctors, clinicians, mathematicians and computer scientists we are currently building our jinkō SaaS platform. Our vision is to make it the first integrated clinical trials simulation platform, combining powerful knowledge management, modeling and simulation tools dedicated to the medical research community.
Technology-wise this platform is based on a modern stack (Haskell, NodeJS /Typescript, Vue.js) and it has been designed from the ground up with a modular approach where components are self-contained, stateless, and operate under strict adherence to the Separation of Concerns paradigm.
To help lead the platform design and implementation, nova is looking for a Typescript backend architect, passionate about writing clean and efficient code that can scale.
Requirements and Qualifications
You will work on a small team of developers with. We have a fun and a friendly and collaborative team atmosphere, as such, and we will be looking for someone who is both a technical fit and a good team fit. In addition to technical skills, we’re also looking for candidates comfortable working in a dynamic environment and able to adapt to changes in requirements.
- You are curious about sciences, eager to continuously learn and use modern web technologies.
- You are eager to work with a team of innovation enthusiasts in various fields of expertise: beside skilled product developers and managers, you will also work along with biologists, data scientists and applied math engineers.
- To easily bridge the gap between all those professions you have great communication skills and are proficient in oral and written English.
- You have 5+ years of experience in developing, scaling, and maintaining complex web apps on cloud infrastructure.
- You love a well-tested and well-documented code base and are passionate about writing elegant and efficient code.
Technologies & Languages
Several years of practice in Typescript/NodeJS is a prerequisite.
We are also looking for someone who knows most of the following technologies or is eager to learn/work with them.
- TypeScript / NodeJS
- TypeORM / Postgresql / Elasticsearch / Redis
- GraphQL / REST
- HTML5 / CSS / Vue.js / NuxtJS
- Web Component / VueJS / React / Angular
- Versioning tools / Git
- Linux / Docker
- Gitops CI/CD
- Security JWT / Cryptography
- Testing & debugging tools
Lyon, France (Nova Headquarters) – Partial Remote
BU Scientific Software Engineering