Your profile, mission and main responsibilities
We are leveraging Nix’s powerful approach on our software development lifecycle and we’re looking for a Nix expert to help us generalize Nix usage within the company. You also have a strong interest in DevOps and aim to gain expertise and skills. You will join our growing DevOps team so we can learn from each other!
You are eager to work with a team of innovation enthusiasts in various fields of expertise: beside DevOps experts, you will also work along with Nix experts, developers, biologists, data scientists and applied math engineers.
Overall, you’ll take ownership and lead Nix transformation of Nova’s applications and infrastructures:
- Lead Nix integration on our Production CI, developer environments and workstations
- Provision and manage machines and infrastructures with Nix, both in the Cloud and on-premise
- Joining our Nix experts at Nova, you’ll evangelize and spread Nix culture
- Identify Nix usage providing value on our infrastructure and applications and design Nix solutions
- You’ll help manage, design and maintain both infrastructure and application from build to production.
- You will manage and operate a growing Cloud and on-premise infrastructure.
- You’ll write Infrastructure as Code, implement CI/CD & deployment processes, automate redundant tasks, maintain existing frameworks and ensure efficient feedback loops across teams
Technologies & Languages
We are looking for someone who knows or have some experience with:
- Basic Linux administration
- Docker, Podman or other container engine
You are interested or are eager to learn/work with:
- Kubernetes and its ecosystem
- GitLab CI or other CI engine
- AWS (EC2, S3, CloudFormation, IAM, EKS…)
- Haskell / Typescript / NodeJS
- Ansible, Pulumi or other Infra as Code tool
- GraphQL / REST
- Monitoring & Logging tools
- SQL (Postgres)
Lyon, France (Nova Headquarters) – partial remote possible
BU Scientific Software Engineering & Marketing